Rise Women's Legal Centre
Rise Women's Legal Centre provides free and low cost legal services to women in British Columbia. Services include:
- legal advice on family law, child protection, and drafting wills,
- unbundled legal services (help from a lawyer for parts of your case) that include preparing and notarizing court documents and affidavits;
- representation in selected Provincial and Supreme courts (Vancouver area only), and
- access to your legal rights.
The clinic provides a safe space for women experiencing violence. Legal services are delivered by upper-year UBC law students who are supervised and supported by two full-time lawyers. The centre also has a small self-help centre you can use during regular business hours.
The Centre is at:
201 – 456 West Broadway
Vancouver, BC V5Y 1R3
Call first for an appointment (there is a waiting list and there are transition periods between university terms):
- OR email firstname.lastname@example.org