Family Maintenance Enforcement Program

Provincial Court

The BC Family Maintenance Enforcement Program (FMEP) helps people get child or spousal support payments included in court orders and agreements. It's a free service.

Payors and recipients can both enroll.

You can enroll in FMEP if you have a support order or agreement made in Canada, the United States, or another country that has a reciprocal agreement with BC.

FMEP can help collect or track support orders or agreements even when the payor or the recipient lives outside BC if they live somewhere that has a reciprocal agreement with BC. See Interjurisdictional orders: When a case involves more than one province, territory, or country to find out more about this.

See Interjurisdictional Support Orders (ISO) on the Ministry of Attorney General website for a full list of countries that have reciprocal agreements with BC.

If the payor falls behind with their payments, FMEP:

See the FMEP website to find out more or to register.