Supreme Court — Sole application

How to do your own undefended (uncontested) divorce

Step 5

Prepare four more forms

Before you can make your final application for divorce, you need to fill in four more forms that will help the court to process your application:

  • A Requisition (Form F35) (PDF) (Word) that tells the court what you want. You'll be asking for a divorce and, if applicable, a name change. The Requisition also tells the court what documents you're providing to support your application.
  • A separate Requisition (Form F17) (PDF) (Word) to prove that the divorce is undefended. Fill this out to ask the registry to search their files for a Response to Family Claim. Under "Required," type in "Please search for a Response to Family Claim or Counterclaim filed in this matter."
  • A Certificate of Pleadings (Form F36) (PDF) (Word) that the registry staff signs to show the judge that they've checked everything over, and that they are satisfied everything is procedurally correct.
  • A draft Final Order (Form F52) (PDF) (Word) that sets out what the court orders. You fill in all the details, and the judge signs it. The final order you draft will become your divorce order, once the judge has signed it. For more information about preparing orders, see Tips for drafting a Supreme Court order and the self-help guide How to draft a Supreme Court order.

The forms contain technical instructions to help you fill them out. See our fact sheet Problems using the Supreme Court PDF forms? or Tips for using the Supreme Court Word forms for help using the forms.

Ready for the next step?

Yes, I have filled in:

a Requisition (Form F35)

a separate Requisition (Form F17)

a Certificate of Pleadings (Form F36)

a draft Final Order (Form F52)

back arrowBack to: Step 4

forward arrowGo to: Step 6