If you and your spouse both want to get divorced, you can apply for a joint divorce.
The Online Divorce Assistant (the assistant) can help you fill out the forms for a joint divorce. It's a free online tool from the provincial government.
You can use it if:
- you and your spouse both live in BC,
- you don't have dependent children, and
- your marriage certificate (or registration of marriage) is in English.
You have to answer a few questions first to see if you can use the assistant. If you qualify, you:
- answer questions about your situation (the assistant uses your answers to fill out the forms),
- print your forms, and
- file them at your local court registry.
Using the assistant can save you time and reduce the stress of applying for a divorce.