The Justice Access Centre (JAC), with offices located in Vancouver, Victoria, and Nanaimo, can help you get the information you need to prepare your family or civil case.
Visit the centre to do the following:
- Learn about the court system and court procedures.
- Get legal information.
- Locate and fill out the court forms relevant to your case.
- Find out about free legal advice.
- Find alternatives to going to court.
- Get referred to a mediator (either a family justice counsellor at the centre or a private mediator) or to other dispute resolution professionals.
Within the Vancouver office, there's a Self-Help and Information Services centre to help you with your Supreme Court family or civil matters. There's a library, computers you can use, and dedicated staff to help you find what you need.
The Nanaimo and Victoria offices offer smaller resource rooms also with self-help materials.
Where can I find Justice Access Centres?
Justice Access Centres only provide information in person. You can just drop in or call beforehand to make an appointment.
302 – 65 Front Street
Check the Nanaimo JAC's office hours.
Third Floor, 14340 57 Avenue
Check the Surrey JAC's office hours.
290 – 800 Hornby Street
Check the Vancouver JAC's office hours.
850 Burdett Avenue
Check the Victoria JAC's office hours.