Legal information outreach workers are staff members at Legal Aid BC regional centres who can:
- help people find legal information and self-help resources online, including Legal Aid BC websites;
- give people printed legal information, such as Legal Aid BC publications, on a variety of legal issues;
- print forms for people (but can't help to fill them out);
- refer people to other Legal Aid BC services such as family duty counsel, family advice lawyers;
- refer people to other community services to get legal advice or to connect with an advocate;
- visit community groups to tell them about Legal Aid BC services, and collect feedback from community workers and the public about the legal aid programs;
- provide legal information and referral services by phone or in person; and
- assist Community Court clients.
Where can I find legal information outreach workers?
207 – 3228 Kalum Street
Phone: 250-635-2133 or 1-866-577-2525
400 – 510 Burrard Street
Phone: 604-601-6166 or 1-866-577-2525
Tip: See the Legal Aid BC website for the hours at each location and links to maps.