Legal information outreach workers are staff members at Legal Services Society (Legal Aid BC) regional centres who can:
- help people find legal information and self-help resources online, including Legal Aid BC websites;
- give people printed legal information, such as LSS publications, on a variety of legal issues;
- print forms for people (but can't help to fill them out);
- refer people to other Legal Aid BC services such as family duty counsel, family advice lawyers;
- refer people to other community services to get legal advice or to connect with an advocate;
- visit community groups to tell them about Legal Aid BC services, and collect feedback from community workers and the public about the legal aid programs;
- provide legal information and referral services by phone or in person; and
- assist Community Court clients.
Where can I find legal information outreach workers?
(Terrace Regional Centre satellite office)
Phone: 250-624-7701 or 1-800-787-2511
207 – 3228 Kalum Street
Phone: 250-635-2133 or 1-866-577-2525
400 – 510 Burrard Street
Phone: 604-601-6166 or 1-866-577-2525